Tuesday 7 February 2012

Day 72:

"Use all of the shoes in your household to make something, or work with a single pair of shoes that were destined for the thrift store."

I didn't use all the shoes in the house but I used a lot.  My inspiration was the shoe tree that is along the road on the way to where my parents live.  The kids have always loved driving by this one on  South Lake Road and I was sad to here that the ones I recently discovered by Kinmount have since been cut down.  I don't really know any of the history behind them.

This is my take on a shoe tree using only shoes.  I "build" the tree out of brown and black shoes and boots and then hung or "nailed" on the more colourful shoes.  Just don't tell my daughter about the yellow high tops or she will be trying to "borrow" them.


No comments:

Post a Comment