Wednesday 16 May 2012

Day 94:

"Nothing rhymes with orange.  Work only with orange materials today."

Today I did  a painting.  It took me more than a day actually.  I took my inspiration from a friend who has done much larger paintings with a similar pattern but they are much more colourful and layered.  I loved her work so I decided to do a smaller version of my own.  It is acrylic on canvas. The nature inspiration is that it looks very much like flowers to me. 


There are 3 shades of orange in this painting which it is kind of hard to see in the photo.  The entire background was painted with orange. The skinny 'petals' were painted with the same orange mixed with a little yellow to lighten it. Then I went in with the same orange again darkened with some red to outline the 'petals' and added it to a bit of the background.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment