Wednesday 18 April 2012

Day 90:

"Make a pinata and destroy it!"

I have made many a pinata in the past for my children's birthdays.  I actually made one for my youngest daughter when she turned 6 last year.  Instead of making a pinata today I decided to use the drawing she did for me to make her pinata last year as my inspiration for today. She drew a chameleon as that was her theme for the party.  The drawing is about 8cm by 7cm.


 I had stumbled across a woman who turns children's drawings into stuffies on Pintrest and thought it was a fantastic idea.  So I pulled out some old shirts of my daughters, my knitting needles and some felt to created a squeezable friend.


She absolutely adores him.  She even managed to spill something on him before I could take the picture.  It was fun to make her drawing come to life.  I think there will be more of these in my future. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment