Monday 31 October 2011

Day 15:

"What can you do with just a dollar?  Use a dollar bill as your medium or inspiration today."

I am a day late but I did do something creative yesterday.  I carved pumpkins and finished Halloween costumes.  In Canada we don't have dollar bills we have a dollar coin so using it as a medium seemed limited.  What we do have plenty of is dollar stores.  I went into one and found a ball of fake grey mohair in a lovely grey colour.
I spent a couple of hours today knitting little rabbits using a pattern from Mochimochi Land . I am knitting them for a neighbourhood Easter Egg Hunt that happens every year.  I will also use some  for The Tiny Bunnies Movement which I joined on Ravelry .  I love idea of leaving little bunnies to make someone's day.

The Seven I made today barely put a dent in the ball of yarn.  That is the dollar coin in the background that inspired them. I will continue to knit them throughout the year and I will post a picture of them all when I have used up the yarn.  Lets see how many I can knit with my dollar ball of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment