Monday 17 October 2011

Day 3:

"Make something out of paper, but don't use scissors or glue or draw on it.  What now? (And no, you don't have to know origami to do this.)"

Well I had a brilliant idea today.  I would pull out the quilling kit I bought a few years back and attempt quilling.  No worries right?  Then as I made the first petal for my flower I realised I would have to use glue.  Oops!  Oh well I decided to continue with the quilling project today anyway, after all the book does state at the beginning that: 'The only rule is: There are no rules!'.  One of my most cherished Christmas tree decorations is a quilled poinsettia made by my mom.
 
I made flowers inspired by the autumn colours.  This project made me appreciate my poinsettia even more as it was not easy to make constant shapes. Patience is required and I would like to try my hand at this again.  Who knows maybe some day I can make a poinsettia too.

No comments:

Post a Comment