Saturday 26 November 2011

Day 36:

"Take something old and make it look new"

I hold onto a lot of old clothes and material in hopes that some day I can use them again.  I have a bag I bought this summer that was made out of an old pair of pants and I really like it. These are clothes that can't be donated because they have holes or stains.  I thought why not use some of this to make a new toy.  I made a Canadian Moose this way for my niece.  These are the materials I picked.  Some felt scraps, a old pair of flannel pj's, a toddler dress and a kids long sleeve t-shirt.
With the help of a pattern in the book Softies Only a Mother Could Love Edited by Jess Redman and Meg Leder.  I turned the material into this little bug.
I didn't expand the pattern as it said in the book so she turned out to be about 15cm by 20cm (wings to toes).  I also hand stitched the entire project, I figured getting out my sew machine and setting it up would have been too much of a hassle but it sure would have been quicker in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment